I suggest you ...

Offer Traditional User Account Registration

Please offer a traditional user account registration with Email/Password.

The options to login via FB, Google, Twitter or OpenID creates a dependency on another service - not so good after we learned how easy e.g. Google kicked us out.

Also, I do not want to give my email/personal details to a central location or trust them with my password (hello NSA :-).

134 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    OlafOlaf shared this idea  ·   ·  Admin →

8 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • OlafOlaf commented  · 

Great, thanks Vladimir!

• IvanIvan commented  · 

At least give options to add another social media authentication provider for the ones who want to close/move services.

• MarcMarc commented  · 

Please add this. I don't want to use the social media providers. This would be a reason for me to leave BazQux.

• MarcMarc commented  · 

I really hope this will be done. I can't wait to disconnect my Twitter account.

• VityazVityaz commented  · 

I agree with Wolf. However, if an authentication system was developed, I would hope it would be possible to switch over to the new system without creating a whole new account.

• WolfWolf commented  · 

I agree that it would be good to have this as an option but implementing user authentication is no trivial task.

I'm guessing that outsourcing authentication to a third party (at least for the moment) is allowing Vladimir to focus on core functionality (starred items, feed management, etc) which, for me at least, is a good call.

Feedback and Knowledge Base